Multi-Housing

Flourish on Rainier

With prominent mural artwork, Flourish on Rainier is a new mixed-use affordable housing project in the Rainier Valley.

The project comprises 182 units across two buildings with underground parking, street-facing commercial space, and a large community courtyard.

The site required extensive stormwater and groundwater management, with over four million gallons of water pumped out during construction. Energized trolley lines on Rainier Avenue required strategic coordination with SDOT to work around.

Rafn also completed the tenant improvement projects in both of the building’s commercial spaces. Empowering Youth Family Outreach included classrooms, a teaching kitchen, and playgrounds in the courtyard. Muslim Housing Service included offices, conference room space, and a prayer room.

Location
Seattle, WA
Year
2024
Client
Bellwether Housing
Architect
SMR Architects
Photos
William Wright

Related Projects

Argonaut 2 Apartments

Argonaut 2 is a 10,000 square foot addition of 6 new units, a community room, a laundry room, and office space to an existing and occupied 8 unit project. This project serves to help place individuals with chronically mental illnesses into permanent homes who would otherwise be discharged from medical facilities back onto the streets. The building is 2 stories of wood framing located adjacent to busy 23rd Avenue on First Hill in Seattle.

See the Project

AMLI Spring District Apartments

This 330,000 square foot mixed-use building includes 204 market-rate apartment units, amenities, and commercial space. Located in the heart of Bellevue’s developing Spring District neighborhood, the building consists of 5 levels of wood framed residential space above 4 levels of concrete.

See the Project

The Sedges at Piper Village Apartments

Piper Village is a mixed-use retail and residential redevelopment located in the heart of the Greenwood commercial district in north Seattle. This 5 ½ acre urban village will take shape over the next 10 years on land that has been locally-owned since 1889.

See the Project