As a Project Engineer you will be essential to assisting in the implementation and maintenance of quality control, material supply, and conformance with project specs. You can expect to assist in the coordination of site activities and subcontractors. Organization and effective communication skills are a must, as you will facilitate the transfer of information to all project stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you must be timely, highly organized, and possess a strong attention to detail. You will be expected to embody our client's values of Character, Competency, Courage, and Commitment - professionally and positively representing our client to their customers and the greater Puget Sound community.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Monitor and budget for site safety; Enforce, promote, and train for workplace safety procedures, job hazards, and health matters to protect workers' safety and health.
- Assist and cooperate with investigations of any accidents or incidents, as necessary.
- Create Requests for Information (RFI) format, log, and tracking systems, and process RFI's from creation to solution as per the project schedule.
- Process, track, and report all Subcontractor Work Order Authorizations (SWOA's) and Owner Work Order Authorizations (OWOA's.)
- Establish and maintain a submittal file system by the CSI division format for jobsite files; determine items to be submitted per the project specifications.
- Collect, update, and review subcontractor record drawings and maintain digital and paper master files.
- Work with Architect/Owner on any special project needs and verify specification requirements during submittal process.
- Coordinate delivery dates and prepare lead-time schedules with weekly updates.
- Inspect materials as they arrive on site; inspect site with the superintendent as components are installed.
- Distribute drawings, subcontractor comments, etc., to appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- Shop drawing reviews
- Collect and review hazardous material information.
- Post and update required job postings (L&I job signage).
- Maintain As-built documents, plans, and specs.
- Distribute design changes immediately (RFI, ASO, CCD).
- Create detailed, timely, and accurate submittal reviews.
- Order, track, and ensure correct material delivery.
- Participate in weekly subcontractor coordination meetings.
- Hold owner(s) and architects accountable to decision making.
Job Type: Fulltime/Regular/Exempt
Location: Local Greater Puget Sound Candidates Only
- Relevant bachelor's degree and 3+ years' experience in general construction environment OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- General knowledge of APP (Accident Prevention Plan), safety guidelines, fire prevention methods and risk management techniques.
- Knowledge of government regulations, environmental law, OSHA and other agencies to ensure the workplace is compliant with health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), MS Project, BlueBeam.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rafn is a leading commercial general contractor in the sustainable building industry in the Seattle area, and we are seeking a Laborer to join our onsite team. We have been in business for over 40 years and we offer: competitive wage, outstanding benefits, and lots of opportunity for career advancement. Professional growth and development training opportunities are available to all employees and high-profile, fast-paced projects keep our team members challenged.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you’re looking for a strong company, with good values and a commitment to the well-being of our employees… including a belief in living a well-balanced life… look no further!